Friday, February 11, 2011

We're officially going live

We’re two months into 2011 already and one of my new year’s resolution was getting back to blogging. I had been thinking about reanimating my old blog Megalomaniacal Supernauts for a few months, but decided I should let it rest in peace. I still like the content and what I’ve done, but that blog is from another period, both in my life and in the so-called hardcore scene. So I figured, in 2011 I’ll start a new blog.

I kinda know myself well enough to realise that I won’t keep up with posting a lot on the blog, so I figured that I needed some sort of companion. In the past I’ve tried to co-operate with friends, but most of the time that ends up with bullshitting about stupid stuff and not getting work done.

So, I thought about people I knew through the internets and figured my e-man Michael Fairley, a.k.a. Mike The Mosher, should be my partner in crime. I’ve never met the dude in real life, but he seemed like a cool guy through chatting and e-mailing, so I asked him if he’d be down to join me to do Lions And Cheetahs. Michael was honored that I asked him, so obviously he couldn’t decline. So, here you have it the first cool transatlantic blog.

I don’t think we have a real mission statement, but you can I think I can speak for the both of us when I say that you can expect interviews with new and old bands, random chitchat, and mp3s (live sets, obscure stuff, old EPs, or forgotten bangers). There might be the occasional review, column or guest spot, we’ll see what the future brings.

Add us to your RSS feed, Live Bookmarks, Google Reader or whatever and stay tuned.

Also, check out my other blog for stuff about everything I’m interested in and more:

http://causingtroublein2010.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment